CORONAVIRUS INFORMATION - UPDATE FROM 09/04/2020
Please click here to see the latest up to date information on Coronavirus.
For patients who are concerned that they may have coronavirus or may have come into contact with someone who has, the NHS 111 online service has created coronavirus pages that tell patients what they should do based on their particular circumstances. These can be accessed by clicking here.
Important Information About the Coronavirus COVID-19
The NHS across Bolton will be better prepared for new infectious diseases if the public follows Public Health England advice.
The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of patients and staff, which may mean your patient experience is subject to change.
Following our Prime Minister, Boris Johnson’s address to the nation on Monday 23rd March 2020, the advice is to stay at home to stop coronavirus spreading. You should only leave the house for 1 of 4 reasons:
- Shopping for basic necessities, for example food and medicine, which must be as infrequent as possible.
- One form of exercise a day, for example a run, walk or cycle – alone or with members of your household.
- Any medical need, or to provide care or to help a vulnerable person.
- Travelling to and from work, but only where this is absolutely necessary and cannot be done from home.
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature and/or a new continuous cough), use the NHS 111 coronavirus service. Please do not go to a GP Surgery, Pharmacy or Hospital.
Use the NHS 111 online Coronavirus Service if:
- you feel you cannot cope with your symptoms at home
- your condition gets worse
- your symptoms do not get better after 7 days.
Only call 111 if you cannot get help online.
Everyone is being reminded to follow Public Health England advice to:
- always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze. Then bin the issue, and wash your hands, or use a sanitiser gel.
- wash your hands often with soap and water, especially after using public transport. Use a sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available.
- avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- avoid close contact with people who are unwell.
Stay at home advice can be found here.
For guidance on Social Distancing please click here.
Shielding Advice for Extremely Vulnerable Patients
For guidance on Shielding please click here.
Information remains subject to regular change and updates. More information can be found on the nhs website here.
Information for Employees
Please click here for guidance from the .gov.uk website. This covers advice on fit notes.
Am I a Key Worker?
Please click here for guidance.
Self Isolation Fit Notes for your Employer
Please click here to complete the form.
How to Get Help with Food and Medicines if you are Shielding
Please click here for government guidance on accessing help if you are shielding at home.
Bolton Council Guidance
If you, or someone you care for, have received a letter from the government/GP practice and require support, please call Bolton Council on 01204 337221.
The number will be open from 8.30 am to 5.30 pm Monday to Friday and from 9.00 am to 1.30 pm on Saturdays.
Bolton Council will talk to you about your most urgent needs such as food, medicine and other requirements.
More information from Bolton Council can be found here, including a daily update on the council’s response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Please click here for information and guidance from Healthwatch Bolton, including updates from partner organisations, support groups and other information you may find useful during this time.
Advice for Patients with Specific Conditions